Melinda graduated from the University of Toronto with a B.A. (Hons.) in philosophy, biology and psychology in 1997 and a Specialist B.Sc. (Hons.) in psychology from York University in 1999. She received her LL.B. from the University of Western Ontario in 2002 and was called to the bar in 2003. Melinda joined the firm in 2009 and has practiced in the areas of plaintiff and personal injury law and insurance defence.
Melinda practices insurance defence litigation, with a focus on automobile insurance – tort, accident benefits, priority dispute and loss transfer. She has represented plaintiffs and insurers in arbitration proceedings at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and has also appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice for both tort and accident benefit matters
Melinda’s experience in acting for both plaintiffs and insurers has given her the unique ability to evaluate, assess and strategically manage a claim from multiple perspectives. Melinda is co-chair of the Special Investigations Group.
- 20-008952 v. Aviva Insurance Co. Jan 29, 2021
- 19-014196 v. Aviva General Insurance Dec 29, 2020
- 19-012377 v. Intact Insurance Co. Dec 24, 2020
- 18-000467 v. Aviva Insurance Canada Nov 25, 2019
- 18-000467 v. Aviva Insurance Canada Aug 07, 2019
- Chen v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada, FSCO A13-008139 Jan 23, 2015
- Bast v. Unifund Assurance Co., FSCO A10-003893 Mar 07, 2013
- Elaiathamby v. Sivarajah, 2013 ONSC 819 Feb 06, 2013