Peter graduated from Memorial University of Newfoundland with a B. Comm. (Hons.) in 2001 and received his LL.B. from Dalhousie University in 2004. He was called to the bar in Newfoundland and Labrador in 2005 and to the Ontario bar in 2006. In 2017, Peter obtained a Certificate in Clinical Risk, Negligence and Claims Management in Health Care from Osgoode Law School. Prior to joining the firm in 2011, he practiced in the areas of plaintiff personal injury and mass torts/class actions.
Peter has represented insurance companies in arbitrations (including appeals) at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and in several private arbitrations. He also has motion and trial experience before the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
Peter is co-chair of the firm’s License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) practice group. He has broad experience working in special investigations and disputes amongst insurers. His experience on both sides of civil litigation has given him valuable perspective in making strategic decisions for his clients.
Peter takes a proactive and creative approach to file handling. No two files are alike, and Peter assesses all relevant factors to determine the best course of action for favourable and timely results for his clients.
- Rosemund v. The Cooperators General Insurance Co., 2021 ONLAT 19-012914 Jun 01, 2021
- 19-005573 v. Cumis General Insurance Oct 27, 2020
- 18-009010 v. Aviva Canada Jan 17, 2020
- 18-009757 v. Aviva Insurance Nov 05, 2019
- 18-008957 v. Aviva Insurance Nov 05, 2019
- Cami v. Shankar, 2018 ONSC 3756 Jul 04, 2018
- Cami v. Shankar, 2018 ONSC 4167 Costs Endorsement Jul 03, 2018
- D.B. v. Cumis General Insurance (16-002730/AABS) May 11, 2017
- Optimum Insurance Co. v. Royal & SunAlliance Insurance Co. and The Dominion of Canada Insurance Co. (Private Arbitration) Feb 15, 2015