Marni received her B.A. (Hons.) from York University in political science. She earned her LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2008. She articled with the firm in 2008 and was called to the bar in 2009. Marni has been with the firm since her call.
Marni’s primary practice is in assisting insurers with first party claims. This includes defending matters at mediation and arbitration as well as defending priority and loss transfer inter-company disputes. Marni is also co-chair of the Special Investigations practice groups at the firm.
Marni specializes in fraud-related files as well as catastrophic claims and inter-company disputes.
Marni has been successful in a number of private arbitrations, including an appeal before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on a matter regarding dependency.
Prior to the practice of law, Marni worked for a large insurer as an accident benefits adjuster and a Special Investigations Unit adjuster.
- J.T. and Aviva (16-003674/AABS) Jul 14, 2017
- Y.C. and State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. (16-0004494/AABS May 09, 2017
- S.G. v. Unifund Assurance Co. Jan 26, 2017
- Moallin v. Economical Mutual Insurance Co. (Preliminary Issue Hearing Decision) Dec 15, 2016
- Moallin v. Economical Mutual Insurance Co. (Recusal Decision) Dec 12, 2016
- Chen & Chen and Certas Direct Insurance Co. (FSCO A14-002567 and A14-002568) May 24, 2016
- Kum v. Economical Mutual Insurance Co., FSCO A12-007950 Jul 28, 2015
- Geele v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., FSCO A12-006508 Apr 29, 2015
- The Co-Operators v. Perth Insurance, Aviva Canada, Intact Insurance Co. and TD Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issues (Private Arbitration) Feb 03, 2015
- Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada v. Axa Insurance Inc., 2015 ONSC 217 Jan 12, 2015
- Asuming v. Belair Insurance Co., FSCO A12-003006 Aug 15, 2014
- Rage v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., FSCO A11-003488 Apr 17, 2014
- Lanark Mutual Insurance Co. v. Nordic Insurance Co. of Canada (Private Arbitration) Feb 25, 2010