Heather obtained her B.A. from the University of Western Ontario in 1993 and her LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1996. She was called to the bar in 1998.
Heather has practiced exclusively in personal injury and insurance defence litigation throughout her career. She joined the firm in 2005 and was admitted into the partnership in 2009.
Heather’s practice is split between tort and first party insurer claims, which include loss transfer and priority issues.
Heather has appeared in matters at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Divisional Court, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, as well as in private arbitration proceedings.
Heather is chair of the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT) practice group at ZTGH, which is ensuring our clients needs are met when disputes are moved to the Licence Appeal Tribunal.
Heather is not afraid to test legal boundaries. She has been involved in many precedent-setting cases, including the first case to consider section 258.3 of the Insurance Act, and the FSCO decision regarding the 60-day “deemed failed” mediations.
Once an internationally ranked ski racer, Heather is a certified ski and snowboard instructor, but these days much prefers après-ski.
Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP
20 Adelaide Street East
Assistant, Denise Koroma
Law Clerk, Julie Levac
416.777.2811 ext. 5254
Law Clerk, Brandon Jovanovski
416.777.2811 ext. 7457
- Selvaratnam v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. FSCO A12-007834 Aug 13, 2014
- Gluchowski v. Lister, 2014 ONSC 2190 Apr 29, 2014
- Morelli v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Co., FSCO P12-00042A & P12-00042C Mar 21, 2014
- Nandlad v. Chitsazian-Yadzi May 13, 2013
- Ross v. Hertz Canada Apr 24, 2013
- Bhattacherjee v. Marianayagam et al Jan 03, 2013
- Morelli v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., FSCO A10-003813 Nov 07, 2012
- Leone v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue, FSCO A11-002196 Feb 10, 2012
- Mohammed v. Economical Mutual Insurance Co. / Expenses, FSCO A08-001796 Sep 30, 2010
- Mohammed v. Economical Mutual Insurance Co., FSCO A08-001796 Mar 19, 2010
- Mazin v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada and Luskin / Appeal Expenses, FSCO P07-00028 Dec 08, 2008
- Luskin v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada Appeal on Expense A06-001216 Sep 08, 2008
- Lin and Liu v. ING Insurance Co. of Canada / Expenses, FSCO A06-001732 & A06-001689 May 02, 2008
- Mazin v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada and Luskin / Appeal, FSCO P07-00028 Apr 25, 2008
- Walia v. Certas Direct Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue FSCO A06-002513 Oct 05, 2007
- Luskin v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada FSCO A06-1216 Oct 01, 2007
- Luskin v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada / Expenses FSCO A06-001216 May 25, 2007
- Zurich v. Aviva (private arbitration), April 1, 2007 Apr 01, 2007
- Thakur, D. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. FSCO A06-000191 Nov 21, 2006
- Butani v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. FSCO A06-000172 Nov 21, 2006
- Thakur, P v. State Farm Automobile Insurance Co. FSCO A06-000190 Nov 21, 2006
- Kavanaugh v. ING Insurance Company of Canada, 2005 CanLII 45971 (ON SC) Dec 09, 2005
- Co-Operators v. Zurich (private arbitration), September 27, 2005 Sep 27, 2005
- Baptiste v. Pilot Insurance Co. / Motion FSCO A04-000446 Jan 25, 2005
- Baptiste v. Pilot Insurance Co. / Adjournment Request FSCO A04-000446 Nov 18, 2004
- Fan v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue FSCO A01-000819 Sep 13, 2002
- Berhe v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. FSCO A01-001117 Sep 09, 2002
- Duffus v. CGU Insurance Co. of Canada FSCO A01-001030 Jun 14, 2002
- Leufkens v. Alba Tours International Inc. Feb 23, 2001
- Fasken (Litigation guardian of) et al. v. Iola et al. Dec 20, 1999
- Elkaim v State Farm – OIC Decision A96-000329 (November 17, 1997) Nov 17, 1997